Professional Study Programme in Nursing
Name of studies: Nursing
Proponent and implementer of studies: Technical College in Bjelovar
Type of studies: Professional programme of study
Level of studies: Undergraduate professional programme of study
Duration of studies: 3 years (VI semesters)
Overall number of ECTS credits: 180
Professional title acquired upon the completion of studies: Bachelor (baccalaureus / baccalaurea) of Nursing
- Ability to independently make a diagnosis of the required nursing care using the current theoretical and clinical knowledge, as well as to plan, organise and provide nursing care within the treatment of patients.
- Ability to work within a team with other healthcare professionals, including the participation in practical training of healthcare staff.
- Ability to orientate individuals, families and groups towards a healthy lifestyle and self-care.
- Ability to independently initiate momentary life-saving measures as well as measures in crisis and dangerous situations.
- Ability to independently provide advice, instructions and support to persons requiring care and their families.
- Ability to independently assure quality and assess nursing care.
- Ability to facilitate comprehensive professional communication and cooperation with other professions within the healthcare system.
- Ability to analyse nursing care quality for the purpose of improving one’s own professional practice as a nurse responsible for general nursing care.